1. what is a project: project characteristics
- Temporary: means that every project has a definite beginning and a definite end.
- Unique Products, Services or Results: A projects creates unique output, which are products, services or results.
- Progressive Elaboration: means developing in stages and continuing by increments.
- Projects and operations differ primarily in that operations are ongoing and repetitive, while projects are temporary and unique
- project management is the application of: Knowledge, skills, tools and technique to project activities. [Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing]
Project Life Cycle defines the phases that connect the beginning of a project to its end.
- what technical work to do in each phase
- when the output are to be generated in each phase
- who is involved in each phases
- how to control and approve each phases
Stakeholders are the people involved in or affected by project activities.
- Project sponsor
- Project manager
- Project team
- Support staff